Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Fennel & Oranges
INGREDIENTS: Serves 8
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved
- 2 oranges, sliced and seeds removed
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced into -inch slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Honey, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts, oranges, and fennel. In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil and orange juice. Pour over Brussels sprouts mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss.
- Transfer to a large sheet pan and place in oven. Cook 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Shake periodically to ensure even cooking.
- To serve, place on large platter and sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Drizzle with honey just before serving.
–Recipes by Trace Barnett | Photos by James Acomb
This story appears in Birmingham magazine’s November 2017 issue. Subscribe today!